Never let the fear of failure, shadow your doing of your dream. You are your own person, never let anything or anyone tell you that you can't.. because YOU CAN. When life knocks you down, get right back up on your feet and try again. You can't fail unless you try to succeed.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Rock

Lately, life is as busy as always.. but have had the time to breath. Our house is being completely renovated from level one to level three, and its absolutely chaotic. Floors are being ripped up, furniture is gone, the air smells like paint, there's always people at my house doing work, and my parents are always having to come together to agree upon things. Through this whole process, its made me really think about a house.. and the stories the walls could tell. The memories of you crawling for the first time in the living room or the time you threw the baseball to your dad so fast he missed it and it put a huge hole in the wall. (Yes, my brother actually did that.) How about the birthday parties you've had? The groups of people you've had over, and the many laughs you've created. I remember one time we were keeping my cousins, and for some reason we made a water balloon & i wouldn't bust. Period. They had the idea of going up in the loft and tossing this balloon up and making it go through a spinning fan and land probably 30 ft below. They trick me into standing down there to "catch it." So I did..they tossed it, went through the fan.. bounced off the coffee table and into my hands. We all thought it was so funny as I through it back up to them. After a couple more times of the repeated actions, Tyler decides to throw his fast ball to the coffee table and bust this thing without warning.. and I get soaked with water along with our T.V.! Boy that was the fastest I've ever seen him go get a towel. Or how about the times that you spend in your room with God? Talking to him about how great your day was, or how awful it was? The same walls that watch you be a rebel and get spanked as a kid, have seen you mature and have watched your heart grow into beauty. A house can tell a lot. If only the walls could speak..

A house is built by a foundation. When you see someone start to build a house, whats the first thing they do? They clear off the land. They tear down trees, and bust up rock so that the place where the house will be built is clear. Then, they level it and dig a trench so that if your pipes freeze in the winter your permafrost line is deeper and it doesn't freeze as well. Next, they build a frame all the way around the trench and place bricks in the bottom of your trench. They then remove your framing boards, and fille the inside area with gravel. & then pour your concrete. --Now this isn't to the exact "T" of how an actual foundation is built, but its a pretty good estimate. Its firm, its level, nothing is in its way, and it knows that the pipes can't freeze. *One of my first steps in my walk with God was of course the 5 most common steps: Hear, Believe, Repent, Confess, & Be Baptised. But the one step I had to get straight was how I was going to build my foundation as a Christian. Who was I going to follow? What would happen when my body felt like freezing, and I got stressed and overwhelmed? Thats when I came across Matthew 7:24-27. Its reads:

"Therefore, everyone who hears what I say and obeys it will like a wise prson who built a house on rock. Rain poured and floods came. Winds blew and beat against that house. But it didn't collapse, because its foundation was on rock. 26 says Everyone who hears what I say but doesn't obey it will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. Rain poured, and floods came. Winds blew and struck that house. It collapsed, and the result was a total disaster."

My first step, was to know that my foundation will be on the rock because I'm willing to HEAR it, and OBEY it. So when things come my way, and things try to beat me down.. I won't collapse. I'll be standing strong because of my rock foundation. Yes, rock is hard.. firm.. and last for a long time, so you mean that I decided to go pick up a rock outside and hold it with me wherever I went/go? No.. MY Rock is greater than any rock you'll ever find outside your house on the ground. My Rock, is Jesus Christ. He wrote a book over two thousand years ago, and the text still applys today. He died on the cross for me & you. He is always there for me, and I can always talk to him. Everytime this world trys to freeze me, I know that my foundation was dug to protect me. My foundation I decided to build was with Jesus Christ, and he will protect me from freezing winters and storms that beat my house. He knows me better than anyone, and has seen every memory made. There's one difference between the walls of my house, and the Rock in my foundation. Jesus will one day speak to me about every memory I've ever made, and the difference I've made in the world through my life. What kind of foundation have you created? Do you find yourself being blown by the wind, and knocked down and the result of your life looking to be a disaster? If thats you, renovate your house. Better yet, rebuild it. Clear away all the things that are preventing you to become close to God, and find The Rock. You will be the most beautiful house in the world, if you just decide you want to stop being torn down by rain and stand strong through the storms.

Lead me to the Rock that is higher than me. -Psalm 61:2

No comments:

Post a Comment