Never let the fear of failure, shadow your doing of your dream. You are your own person, never let anything or anyone tell you that you can't.. because YOU CAN. When life knocks you down, get right back up on your feet and try again. You can't fail unless you try to succeed.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

My life & thoughts.

I never thought creating a blog, and reading others was going to make a big difference in my life. As my computer teacher, and second mom talked about blogging.. and the people who she follows, I found it interesting. Wondering why she would read other blogs of people she didn't know. Well, me being the person who is in the middle of everything.. I decided to start reading those that she talked about all the time. Now, I'm hooked. It's amazing how someones life can make such an impact on yours even when you haven't even met the person. Just of their reputation, the things people say about them, and the things they post on the Internet. Its amazing to find that so true. It goes to show that people who put their trust in God, and look on the bright side of everything finds good things that will fall in their path. Friends, if you are reading this today.. I want you to know that YOU are living a life that is being watched, and read. Everything you do and say is observed by someone. You have two choices. Set the example of who to be, or.. set the example of who NOT to be. You were created by the creator of the universe, and the same man who made all creation so beautiful.. he made you absolutely gorgeous. Men, you... so handsome. :) So this paragraph was to encourage you to look at your life, and observe what others see from looking at your life. Who are you impacting?

This last week has been full of memories & I'm willing to share all of them with you and the things I've learned. This past week was "Bulldog Revue Week." Bulldog Revue is a show that is put on by the Spirit Squads at Greenwood. Its a community wide talent show I would say, and FULL of incredible talent. This was my second year to be asked to emcee the shows. There are two shows, one on Friday.. and one on Saturday. The theme for this year's show was "Bogie on the Red Carpet" & the Academy Awards. When I found out the theme, I got so excited because I love the Academy Awards, and to be honest.. its my dream to be a part of a big award show one day. Well... its my dream to be in front of millions doing something, period. But anyway.. me and the other two emcee's got together, and made a commercial. The one and only "Sundrop." I wish I had the video so I could show you, but trust my word.. it was priceless. We worked every night this past week til about 10:30-11:00 trying get everything perfect for the show that most of those in our community would come watch. As the rehearsals started, and the talents came alive.. I was blown away by the talent in the people I see everyday. The vocals on these people are absolutely incredible! Some would win American Idol hands down they are that good. My favorite act of the evening though, was a six year old girl who sang "Turn on the Radio." As I watched from the side of the stage.. the little girl wasn't shy at all. She was walking around on the stage, popping her hip, and singing with all she had. The crowd went CRAZY after she finished. I called her over to talk to me after she was done, and asked her a few questions. The last question I asked was "Did your mom make you do this, or did you want to do this?" She replied, and kinda whispered, "My mom made me do it..." I couldn't help but bust out laughing, as did the crowd. That was only one of many memories that were made within two nights.

One thing that has been on my mind A LOT lately... is, what is ahead of me? I have this big vision in my head of being a public speaker somewhere in the world, or for that matter all around the world that is making such a big impact on the world. I want to write a book, and create a program that allows people who seriously don't have the opportunity to do something, have that opportunity. Bottom line, I want to make a difference. Somehow, somewhere, ME. Graduation is coming up for our seniors, and I'm getting sad. Graduation has never had a big impact on my life until last year when I actually had graduating friends as seniors. Last year, I got a glimpse of what its like to have an amazing close friend leave and take that next step of life without you. Its hard, in fact.. REALLY hard. That person that you spend all your time with and call to vent to, sometimes isn't there as much anymore.. and you just have to learn what your friendship is now. & realize that your friendship with that person won't change in the heart.. but things will change because of distance, and you just have to learn to deal with it the best you can. Make skype your best friend, as well as phone calls, and text messages, prayers, and when they come home.. spend all the time you can with them! This year, yes.. I have girl-friends that I'm close to that are graduating.. but there's someone that God has put in my life that I'm really going to miss. He's someone that I never have noticed until I got put in an Algebra 3 class this year. He is known as the guy that likes to fish. My family loves him, and he's best friends with my dad. You may ask if I'm dating him.. and the answer is no. But we do have a special relationship. He's ornery, and likes to give me a hard time.. but the thing that I like is his love for God. Our relationship is centered around God, and he sends me verses and I send him ones too. We've experienced an awesome fishing trip, prom, and a tornado together. All of them, I look back and just smile. Everytime I think about us.. I have to take time and thank God for allowing him to come into my life. He's showed me what life should really be about. He's taught me to laugh at things, and not be so serious sometimes. He's taught me to show people what you stand for, and not be ashamed. He's taught me to dream big, and if its God's will.. that the doing of the dream will happen. He's taught me to love the little things in life and be appreciative. He's taught me to be myself, and realize that being ME is just enough. As you can tell, he's someone that means a lot to me even though he has no clue. I sometimes wonder why God puts these people in my life, and then take them away... maybe its a stage in my life that I learn and then use what I learned further down the road? I'm not sure to tell you the truth, but what I've come to find out about my future from thinking a lot about it.. is this. Simply, to be ME. Keep striving to do the right thing, keeping a positive attitude, and helping others as much as I can.. and things will work out. People ask all the time where I'm planning to go to college.. a month or so ago, my answer was to try and get a tennis scholarship, and if that doesn't work out then I'll attend the University of Arkansas. Lately, my answer has been I'll attend the U of A.. I guess because my brother is there. Everyone who I've gotten close to in high school is there. My good friend in high school is planning on being a razorback the year I would be, and wants to be my roommate. I love Fayetteville. & it just makes sense. Today my parents were talking about opening that account for all my scholarships, and putting that money back for college. What am I doing? Am I just trying to please myself? Where is God in this HUGE plan you have for yourself, Allie? Its scary thinking that I'm about to take a step up in life, ready or not! I am putting my trust in God that wherever I end up a year and half from now.. that it be where God wants me. & I'm able to meet people, and make a difference on the campus that I attend. Until then, I will take every moment.. one at a time and make the best out the time that he is giving me each day. Whatever happens in the future is the future. I can only control what is now.

Tonight, I pray for you.. the one reading this that you may allow God to be in your plans, and not just make them yourself. After all, his plans are much greater than the ones that we can dream of. Know that you can make a difference by the life that you are living. It doesn't take your mom to "make you." YOU decide that your going to do it, and then allow God to plan the things ahead of you.

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." -Jeremiah 29:11.

This is the newest addition to the family, and I held her all day on Saturday.
Soooo sweeet.

I had to put this one on here because its priceless. During the Easter egg hunt last Sunday, the kids
got caught in a down-pour but it didn't stop them from hunting the eggs! :)

This is one of the other emcee's at Bulldog Revue! So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment