Never let the fear of failure, shadow your doing of your dream. You are your own person, never let anything or anyone tell you that you can't.. because YOU CAN. When life knocks you down, get right back up on your feet and try again. You can't fail unless you try to succeed.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thank you for helping me become ME.

Its been a long time since I've blogged last, and many things have happened! I have tried sitting down to for awhile, but seem to get side tracked every single time. Today though, I will not leave the computer until I finish. I promise. A couple updates on life: school has let out for the summer, and its great having time to do whatever! Especially to get together with my friends and catch up! At the school I attend, we hold elections for next school year at the end of the previous year. One of the biggest elections I was involved in was Senior Class President... The day of the election, I wrote a whole paper that I intended to type in a blog, but didn't get to. I won't type it all today, but I do want share a couple things that were going through my mind: "Ever since I was little, I wanted to be Senior Class President so bad its not even funny. I always drempt of leading our class to be the best. Whether that's pep-rally competitions, hall decorations, new ideas, education, or just in general.. being kind, that's the leader I wanted to be. So here I am today with the same dream actually lying before me in the hands of my classmates...." As that day went on, and votes were submitted...it was announced that my dream had come true and I was voted Senior Class President! I also wrote in the paper that day that being Senior Class President #1. Gave me the chance to make my Senior Class the best it can be! #2. An opportunity to develop friendships and a heart for people, not only my friends but people i don't know. That night, my grandparents invited me over for dinner to celebrate, and at my place setting at the table, they had made a sign that said: "Madam President" It made the day even better! I am beyond excited to start next school year though, and all the exciting activites it will hold! If you are reading this, and you are Class of 2012... thank you, for helping me become what I have!


Following the election, a friend and I got together a "Stuff the Bus" event at our local Wal-Mart that would benefit the Denning, and Etna tornado victums. No, Vilonia wasn't the only town that had been hit really hard within the past few weeks. When the idea to do this came up, my mind immediately went to my experience in Vilonia. I said yes, with no hesitation because that's where my heart is. That day, our Senior Class collected $269.00 and stuffed over half of a huge school bus. I was just amazed at our community, and the love that people share. The next day, a friend of mine went down there to deliver all the goods: shampoo, soap, Gatorade, sanitizer, toothbrushes, toothpaste, water, towels, ect... We first stopped in Etna to help out at a local house and helped tear up a tree that was torn up pretty good in the front yard. Then we moved on to taking items to Denning where it was seriously heartbreaking to go through. I was driving over telephone wires! (don't know if that was safe, but I did!) Got to meet some awesome people, and provide them some things that they were in need of. So that was pretty neat. Something that I saw here that I didn't see in Vilonia was spraypaint that people had taken and wrote over their broken houses, and stop signs. Some read: "God Bless Etna." Others said, "Jesus loves you" Or "John 3:16" and "Stay strong we will get through this"--That was pretty cool to see positive attitudes. It reminds me of something that I think about often: "A bad situation can make you weak, but being weak can make you strong." After going through the town we dropped off the rest of the items to the local City Hall and met a little girl named Madeline. Her parents were both in critical condition, and her grandma had brought her to get a doll because she lost all of hers in the tornado. Luckily, I knew exactly what she needed! I had brought some of mine from when I was young.. and she absolutely adored them! It seems like everytime I do something that involves a tornado relief, I go home more helped with my life than sometimes I do to help others. So if your reading this and your a tornado victum..... thank you, for helping me become what I have!

**Something that I catch really funny involves my last blog about taking a group down to Vilonia. Hogville is an internet website that talks about the Razorbacks, and what they do. Well, Coach Petrino sent the team to Joplin to help clean up, and there was a thread on there that asked why they went to another state to clean up instead of going to Vilonia. I attached a picture at the bottom so you can see what they wrote:)


Well since summer is here, you always know that camps come along with that topic! My first two weeks of summer consisted of going to basketball camps, and bonding with my team. I am SOOO excited for this upcoming season, and the things that God is going to do. I can't say enough good about them, and how close we all are! When I got home from camp though, I walked into our house.. and didn't hear those little toes coming across the wood floors to greet me at the door. I was so excited to be home, and then realized things weren't the same. I asked mom where my dog was, and she said... "We gave him to that family we talked about giving him to." It broke my heart, but I knew it was the best for him. With our house being renovated, and Tyler playing in the fall and us never being home, I knew that being in a house with two other dogs his size.. and a family that was always home---it was the right choice but still.. I didn't get to say good-bye. After crying for about thirty minutes, I looked at pictures online of him at his new home having a blast! It boosted my spirits, but still... I'm going to miss him. I never was a big dog fan until Wrigley came into the family. After having him, it made me realize that love can be shown in the simpliest ways...He just always was cute and small. He would be by myside when i was sick, and follow me around everywhere in the house. He loved playing even though the toys were usually bigger than him. lol So yes, thank you Wrigley.. for being an awesome dog and loving me when it meant the most. I hope your having a great time at your new home! I miss you!

So today is Father's Day! My family got together at my house for the first time since the renovations, and it was really nice. I love my family soooo much! Speaking of family, and fathers.. I can truly say that I have one of the best dads in the world. He is always there for me whether it be providing money, supporting me in something, encouraging me to what I dream, helping me succeed, or just loving me and giving me the care when I need it. I think back to some of the memories we share when I was young.... I would always hide in the hallway, and he would act like an annoucer and say "Ladies and Gentleman welcome to tonights match up between the Lady Bulldogs and the Lady Airedales..... & now the starting line-up for YOUR Lady Bulldogs!!! (then acted like the crowd went wild) At guard, a 5'7 all american wearing #12.... Allieeeeee Wilsooonnnnn!!! Then here I would come running into the living room with my play uniform on slapping everyone's hands that were in there, then I would go to the middle and jump up and down and start stretching like I was someone cool. I still remember that like it yesterday. The funny thing, is that its here.. the time where I am announced, and Irun out to slap my teammates hands and get pumped up before games. Its amazing how much time flys when you reflect back. My dad is someone that I don't do a lot with, but I think a lot about. He does so much for me, and I do so little for him. So today, I thought I would do something special.. and make him a cake and decorate it really nice. He loved it! Nothing makes me more proud than to make someone smile. & I accomplished that today:)

But there is one other person that I call my Father that I owe a Happy Father's Day to, and that's God. I don't want to compare the two, because of course God has so much more to offer than my earthly father... but one thing is so true about them both. They both LOVE ME! & I'm so thankful for Dad's that love me because I am their daughter. So Dad and God... if your reading this, I want to say thank you, for helping me become the person I am, and for being the most perfect Dad any little girl could ask for. I love you.

Hoping that you have shared an awesome day with your Father and/or husband today, and thanked them for all they have done for you. May God continue to bless you in all you do because no matter what you do in life... there are things and people that have helped and will help you become the person you are and will be.

 My wise, wise grandfather and I on the day I was elected Class President!
                            
 Jayme Stroud & I working together as Interscholastic Star Finalist with the AAA
in Etna cleaning up from the tornado.
This is precious little Madeline with her new dolls!

Not sure if you can see it, but it says, "A group of h.s. from Gwd (organized by Tyler Wilson's siter, who is a senior there) went to Vilonia to help clean up. I'm wondering if that's where the idea came from?

Wrigley Ace... I miss you.

Our house is finally looking like a home again!

 Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment