Never let the fear of failure, shadow your doing of your dream. You are your own person, never let anything or anyone tell you that you can't.. because YOU CAN. When life knocks you down, get right back up on your feet and try again. You can't fail unless you try to succeed.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Back On A Great Year

Two thousand eleven has been an amazing year. As I reflect back, I can't help but to smile and think about how much God has done in my life in just one year. I feel I have grown closer to Him, and I plan to continue to in 2012. These past 365 days have been full of adventures, opportunities, love, learning , and life changing experiences. As I share with you the highlights of my year, I hope that you can take time to reflect on your year.. And think about how it has made you the person you are today! 

*Started the year off in Ozark, Arkansas with the friends I consider a blessing from the Lord. Learned how to play X-Box Kinect, crushed a popcorn can, and played Chubby Bunny! Lol

*Went to New Orleans to watch the All-State Sugar Bowl. Arkansas vs. Ohio State. Travis Sandifer went with us, & had quite the experience-Bourbon St. was a site by itself. Probably won't go back again if I could. But had a fun time seeing the scenery, Darius Rucker in concert & eating the good food!

*Mother Daughter Miss America Party

*State Beta Club Convention, & meeting Russell Dye for the first time. 

*Winning Conference in basketball.

*Becoming close to Brooke Seals. Blessing from the Lord.

*Spring Break ski trip with Dane, Tara, Jabe, Jax, and Jett.  

*Junior Powderpuff Games. Beat the seniors on a last second play!

*Emcee for Mr. And Ms. GHS, and Bulldog Review

*inducted to National Honors Society

*Prom 2011. Date: Kyle Lowdermilk

*Usher for 2011 graduation

*Runner-Up AAA Interscholastic Star Award

*Organized Vilonia Tornado Relief

*Voted Senior Class President, Beta VP

*Stuff the Bus Etna, Denning Tornado Relief

*National Beta Club Convention. Nashville, TN. (Time of my life!!!)

*Went to Chicago. Absolute BLAST! Beautiful City!

*Went on Vacation to Santa Rosa Beach as a nanny with the Aishmans & Paige Passmore. Learned how to change a flat tire:)

*Volunteered at Camp Aldersgate- Oncology and Bleeding Disorder Week. Went in not knowing one person, and left 6 days later with too many friends to count. My heart lies within that campground. Also was voted volunteer of the week by counselor staff. That was a moment I will never ever forget. Almost cried in front of everyone! Emotional week.

*Began my Senior Year with a throw back speech from Olivia Foster:) 

*Arkansas Razorback football, & Tyler being a starter. 

*Spoke at Arkansas FCA Game-Day

*Meeting Nora Goodstein from Denmark, & taking her on many first in America!

*Pep-Rallies

*Spoke at Southside High School FCA Fields of Fields with Devin Wyman.

*Hollywood Homecoming, and decorating the hallways for 15 hours literally. (We won though) :) Was Bogie for a night!

*Had quite the year in tennis with Olivia Foster! Conference Champions, State Champions, and Over-All (2A-7A) State Champions. 

*Turned 18! 

*Guest Speaker at Ozark High School & Junior High FCA.

*Found my home for the next four years! University of Arkansas Fort Smith. Received the Chancellors Leadership Council Scholarship, and signed to play tennis as well!

*Went to LSU, had a Razorback Thanksgiving.. And met Shannon Hocker.

*State Champion or Finalist Teams: Football, Volleyball, Golf, Cheer, & Tennis.

*Founded the greatest game alive: Farkle. 

*Had the opportunity to sponsor two kids on the angel tree. 

As you can see, this past year has had many highlights... But more than anything, I'm just thankful that I have the opportunity to reflect back to people and things. I have learned to keep a positive attitude, and look at things from a different perspective sometimes. To realize the role I play in each setting i'm involved in, & play that role the best I can.  To love, and be real with everyone I come in contact to because I never know what they may be going through. I have learned to trust in God, and let him lead me. I've found that when I do that, great things happen and that's when i find myself most happy in life.

 I look forward to 2012 and the things to come. I will continue friendships I've created, and learn from the experiences in the past. I shall not look back any longer, but look forward to what I can control. I'm so excited to graduate and begin my new journey as a college student-athlete.  I'm pumped to lead UA Fort Smith and help others to become the best they can be. I trust that the Lord has great plans for each day I'm given this year, and with that in mind.. I plan to cherish each sunrise and make the most of each day I'm alive in 2012. 

"Young people, enjoy yourselves while you are young; be happy while you are young. Do whatever your heart desires, whatever you want to do.But remember that God will judge you for everything you do." Ecclesiastes 11:9

No comments:

Post a Comment